Below is Tenant and Landlord Information and Fees
If you wish to make an application on one of our properties each adult will need to complete an online application form. To comply with Right to Rent legislation we require two forms of identification for each applicant, one confirming your current address and the other including a photo.
Prior to us completing any referencing we will look at your application to establish if your circumstances may enable us to approve your application. Please provide full and accurate details as false or misleading information may result in you losing your holding deposit.
Properties up to £650 – a holding deposit totalling £90.00 will be taken by Anderson’s
Properties over £650pcm – a holding deposit totalling £150.00 will be taken by Anderson’s
A holding deposit is taken to reserve a property subject to references, contract and the landlord permitting the start of the tenancy at a date agreed by both landlord and tenant. The holding deposit will be credited as rent once the tenancy has started.
The holding deposit will not be returned if an applicant fails Right to Rent ID checks. Provides false or misleading information, unreasonably withdraws or fails to take reasonable steps to start the tenancy within the agreed timescale. Any previous adverse credit history including, CCJ, IVA, insolvency bankruptcy or low credit score must be declared. Any current or previous rent arrears, or disputes with any existing landlord must immediately declared to Anderson’s. Not declaring these could mean your application fails and the holding deposit is not be returned.
Where a landlord chooses to withdraw from a tenancy the holding deposit will be returned within 7 days.
We will apply for employment, credit and current landlord references. In some circumstances we may require a UK based guarantor to be referenced and be part of the tenancy agreement.
Starting the tenancy
The security deposit and first month rent (less holding deposit) must be paid by bank transfer prior to the tenancy start date. All tenants/guarantor must sign the tenancy prior to tenancy commencement.
There are two options on how much deposit you pay:
Either pay a deposit that is equal to five weeks of the rent. (See the property details for exact amount).
Or, pay a lower deposit of one month rent, but have a Tenants Liability Insurance Policy with a minimum of £5,000 cover in place at the start of the tenancy. One such policy is available via our referencing partners Let Alliance for £7.52 (incl IPT) per month. You will be required to provide a policy document at the key hand over meeting.
Company Let Applications
Two years accounts and credit referencing will be sought for any company lets. Arrangement and referencing cost £220 INCL VAT per tenancy term.
Anderson’s are regulated members of ARLA Propertymark where a Client Money Protection scheme is in place. Anderson’s are also members of The Property Ombudsmanredress scheme. Full details of the scheme are displayed in our offices and on our website.
Three choices of professional letting or management services are offered to our landlord clients.
1. Full Management and Rent Collection Service
2. Letting Only Service
3. Tenant Find Sevice
Our Full Management Service is our most popular service. We give landlords piece of mind that not only are we seeking and referencing the best possible tenant, we are also looking after the rent collection, tenancy visits and handling maintenance issues that arise during a normal tenancy. Anderson’s have landlord clients located across the world. These landlords may be residing in Leicester or Lisbon, either way they can enjoy the piece of mind that a team of dedicated local professionals are on hand to look after their property and tenants.
Full Management Service includes:
· Appraisal and digital marketing across social media, websites, portals and our offices
· Accompanied viewings and professional referencing including credit searches
· Right to Rent Immigration Act identity checks and ongoing renewals
· Professional inventory with photographs
· Deposit registration with The Dispute Service (TDS)
· Sign up meeting with tenant and key hand over
· Monthly rent collection and prompt accounting
· Guaranteed Rent and Legal Expenses Service
· Dedicated experienced letting and management staff
· Periodic tenancy visits
· Full maintenance support team or liaison with landlord’s own preferred contractors
· Final inspection report and deposit arbitrations
· Notification of utilities
· Ongoing landlord support and compliance advice
· 11% + VAT of monthly collected rent fee
· £300 (£250+VAT) Letting Fee at start of tenancy
· £90 (£75+VAT) Tenancy Renewals (new tenancies to existing tenants)
· £18 (£15 +VAT) per month Guaranteed Rent and Legal Expenses Service (Nil Excess)
· Tenant Guarantor Referencing £90 (£75+VAT)
· Professional Hourly Rate £48 (£40+VAT)
· Change of Landlord Fee £150 (£125+VAT)
· Please ask for full terms of business and full list of fees
Letting Only Service includes:
· Advice on compliance and rent appraisal
· Photography and marketing across various websites, portals and our offices
· Accompanied viewings and professional referencing including credit checks
· Right to Rent Immigration Act 2014 identity records
· Dedicated Letting and Management Staff
· Legal expenses for tenant eviction service during first 12 months (subject to acceptable references and terms)
· Tenancy agreement and standing order
· Professional inventory and photographs
· Key handover meeting to present all documents for signature
· First month’s rent and deposit collection and financial accounting
· Deposit registration with Deposit Protection Service (DPS)
· Notify utility suppliers of tenancy start details and meter readings
Fee is a sum equal to half a month's rent + VAT, the minimum fee is £425+VAT (£510)
Optional Additional Services - Tenancy agreement renewal including contractual rent reviews £90 (included in managed service). Renewal of further 12 month tenant eviction legal expenses service £90, or perhaps combine this with the tenancy agreement renewal for a reduced cost of £150 (these prices include VAT)
Tenant Find Service includes:
· Valuation and advice on preparation of property for letting
· Photography and advertising on various digital platforms including Rightmove
· Erect To Let board and provide city centre showroom display advertising
· Arrange Accompanied viewings
· Tenant selection advice and professional referencing one applicant
· Right to Rent Checks in accordance to Immigration Act 2014
· Negotiate mutually agreed terms, create and provide tenancy agreement to landlord
· COST - £250 + VAT (£300)
Optional Additional Services - Additional tenant or guarantor referencing £48 per person. Detailed photographic inventory £150. Tenancy agreement renewal £90 (these prices include VAT)
Please contact us today for a free, no obligation appraisal with Chris Anderson 0116 2511 411 or email email@example.com today.
Anderson's The Specialist Independent Letting Agent