Tenant and Landlord Fee schedule.
Before Your Tenancy
Set up fee (tenant’s share) £168 (inc VAT) for one tenant. Referencing up to one tenant (identity, immigration and visa confirmation, financial credit checks, obtaining references from current or previous employers/landlords and any other relevant information to assess affordability) as well as contract negotiation (amending and agreeing terms) and arranging the tenancy and agreement
Additional Tenant Fee £48 (inc VAT) per tenant. Processing the application, associated paperwork and referencing
Guarantor Fee £48 (inc VAT) per guarantor (if required). Covering credit referencing and preparing a Deed of Guarantee as part of the Tenancy Agreement
Permitted Occupier Fee £ Nil (inc VAT) per permitted occupier. Explaining to any permitted occupier their rights and responsibilities towards the named tenant(s) and landlord as well as the provision of documentary guidance and assistance during the tenancy
Sign up Meeting Fee £ Nil (inc VAT) Preparing an Inventory and Schedule of Condition of the property, explaining how appliances function and taking meter readings for utilities and services
Pet Deposit. To cover the added risk of property damage. This will be protected with your security deposit in a Government authorised scheme and may be returned at the end of the tenancy. £ By Individual Arrangement
During Your Tenancy
Amendment Fee £168 (inc VAT) Contract negotiation, referencing one tenant, issuing a new or amended inventory, amending existing inventory and renewing deposit registration.
Renewal Fee (tenant’s share) £48 (inc VAT) Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further fixed term tenancy agreement, including updated deposit registration.
Unpaid Rent Interest Charge Interest 6% above Bank of England Base Rate from date due
Returned Standing Orders or Cheques £20 (incl VAT) for each represented or refused payments.
Ending Your Tenancy
Check out Fee (tenant’s share) £ NIL (inc VAT) Attending the property to undertake an updated Schedule of Condition and negotiating the repayment of the security deposit.
Future Landlord Reference Fee £ NIL (inc VAT) per reference request
Early Termination of Tenancy Fees Up to £350 (Incl VAT) Where a tenancy is MUTUALLY brought to a premature end at the tenant's request the tenant will be expected to pay a reasonable share of the landlord's reletting fee which is £350 (Incl VAT). Most landlords WILL NOT agree to a premature end to a fixed term tenancy and this should not be relied upon as a method to terminate the tenancy. Tenants are liable for the rent and utilities for fixed and monthly terms.
Professional Cleaning (if required) £12 (incl VAT) per hour which deducted from the deposit. Only charged where professional cleaning is necessary to return the property to the same condition as at the start of the tenancy.
Withdrawn or declined applications will forfeit the arrangement fee and referencing fee. An application will usually only fail due to inaccurate information about an applicant’s credit, employment or current landlord history.
Company Let Applications
Some landlords will accept letting with a company. The fees for arranging a company let is £150 +VAT. This fee includes credit checks and any company history, accountants and trade supplier references.
Three choices of professional letting or management services are offered to our landlord clients.
- Full Management and Rent Collection Service
- Letting Only Service
- Tenant Find Service
Our Full Management Service is our most popular service. We give landlords piece of mind that not only are we seeking and referencing the best possible tenant, we are also looking after the rent collection, tenancy visits and handling maintenance issues that arise during a normal tenancy. Anderson’s have landlord clients located across the world. These landlords may be residing in Leicester or Lisbon, either way they can enjoy the piece of mind that a team of dedicated local professionals are on hand to look after their property and tenants.
Full Management Service includes:
- Appraisal and digital marketing across social media, websites, portals and our offices
- Accompanied viewings and professional referencing including credit searches
- Right to Rent Immigration Act identity checks and ongoing renewals
- Professional inventory with photographs
- Deposit registration with The Dispute Service (TDS)
- Sign up meeting with tenant and key hand over
- Monthly rent collection and prompt accounting
- Guaranteed Rent and Legal Expenses Service
- Dedicated experienced letting and management staff
- Periodic tenancy visits
- Full maintenance support team or liaison with landlord’s own preferred contractors
- Final inspection report and deposit arbitrations
- Notification of utilities
- Ongoing landlord support and compliance advice
- 10% + VAT of monthly collected rent fee
- £250 + VAT (£300) Letting Fee at start of tenancy
- £75 + VAT (£90) Tenancy renewals (new tenancies to existing tenants)
- £15+ VAT (£18 per month) Guaranteed Rent and Legal Expenses Service (Nil Excess)
- Please ask for full terms of business and full list of fees
Letting Only Service includes:
- Advice on compliance and rent appraisal
- Photography and marketing across various websites, portals and our offices
- Accompanied viewings and professional referencing including credit checks
- Right to Rent Immigration Act 2014 identity records
- Dedicated Letting and Management Staff
- Legal expenses for tenant eviction service during first 12 months (subject to acceptable references and terms)
- Tenancy agreement and standing order
- Professional inventory and photographs
- Key handover meeting to present all documents for signature
- First month’s rent and deposit collection and financial accounting
- Deposit registration with Deposit Protection Service (DPS)
- Notify utility suppliers of tenancy start details and meter readings
- Fee is a sum equal to half a month's rent + VAT, the minimum fee is £425+VAT (£510)
Optional Additional Services - Tenancy agreement renewal including contractual rent reviews £90 (included in managed service). Renewal of further 12 month tenant eviction legal expenses service £90, or perhaps combine this with the tenancy agreement renewal for a reduced cost of £150 (these prices include VAT)
Tenant Find Service includes:
- Valuation and advice on preparation of property for letting
- Photography and advertising on various digital platforms including Rightmove
- Erect To Let board and provide city centre showroom display advertising
- Arrange Accompanied viewings
- Tenant selection advice and professional referencing one applicant
- Right to Rent Checks in accordance to Immigration Act 2014
- Negotiate mutually agreed terms, create and provide tenancy agreement to landlord
- COST - £250 + VAT (£300)
Optional Additional Services - Additional tenant or guarantor referencing £30 per person. Detailed photographic inventory £150. Tenancy agreement renewal £90 (these prices include VAT)
Please contact us today for a free, no obligation appraisal with Chris Anderson 0116 2511 411 or email email@example.com today.
Anderson's The Specialist Independent Letting Agent